Catalysis and Chemistry
Synchrotron techniques provides high-quality radiation as the light source for research. It helps chemical industries to seek and improve processes for the manufacture of materials that could be more efficient and environmental compatible. Several different types of heterogeneous catalysts have been characterized by synchrotron X-ray microscopy techniques. For instance, X-ray absorption provides information about the local geometric and electronic structure of matter. It is also a powerful tool that can probe the catalysis material while it is undergoing chemical reactions.
- Determine the quantitative oxidation states of catalysts materials
- Study catalytic reactions such as OER and HER processes
- Observation of structural changes during surface processes on catalyst
- Determining the chemical composition of impurities in common materials
- Analysis of bulk and surface structures of catalysts
- Characterize batteries and fuel cells